Spectating is free, bring the family out and enjoy some racing!
RACE DATES: 4/29 4/30 5/13 5/14 6/4 7/8 7/9 8/5 8/6 9/9 9/10 9/23 9/24
Quad City Series: 6/3 Race Procedures coming soon
Midwest Thunder Racing Series: June 10 & 11 Race Procedures coming soon
ROOKIE DATES: 4/8 4/15 4/22 (REST TO BE DETERMINED PER ROOKIE DIRECTOR)
OTHER CLUB DATES: 3/25 (open track) 4/1 (try-a-ride) 5/6 (workerbee) 10/14 (fun race) 10/15(close track)
- Open Practice 10:00a.m- 12:00p.m. & 1:30p.m. – 5:15p.m.
- Rookie Training 12:00p.m. – 1:30p.m. (May be canceled if there are not enough rookies) open to any Nascar Youth Series Rookie
- Track closed for on-track Rookie Practice 12:00 – 1:30p.m.
- Sign-ins 3:00- 4:00p.m. (Sign-ins after 4:00p.m. will start at the tail of their heat)
- Pill Draw
- Track Closed: 5:15 p.m.
- Driver/Handler Meeting – 5:30 p.m.
Heat Races – 6:00 p.m.
● All Drivers will run at least 2 races.
● No warm ups for heats and lowers. A-Mains have the option of a 30 second warm up.
● 3 strikes will be scored as DNF and given finishing points, except in Rookie Classes. Rookie classes will continue racing even after 3+ strikes.
● DQ based on flagrant call, tech or safety will be scored as DQ and receive only sign-in points.
● All USAC rules apply, unless otherwise stated.
● Midwest Thunder Code of Conduct in effect.
● 5 lap work rule. After a race line up is determined and cars are in racing order, if there are cars in the work area, 5 laps will be given for cars once stopped in the work area to complete repairs and re-enter the race.
● Feature races – Feature races will be straight up from the heat race finish.
● In the event that we have more than a full field in one class, we will run 2 heats and a lower main to fill the feature. All cars will run at least 2 races, but we will only run one feature (Rookies no more than 8 cars, Jr. classes 10, Sr. & up 12 cars).
● Before 10:00 a.m. Track Closed
● 10:30–11:30 a.m.: Sign-ins (Sign-ins after 11:30 a.m. will start at the tail of their heat)
● 10:30–11:45 a.m.: Open practice
● 12:00 p.m.: Drivers/Handlers Meeting
● **Qualifying begins immediately following meeting, bring cars up
● 1:00 (approx): Racing begins following Qualifying
● Need to be race ready at qualifying time (in case of qualifying being waived due to weather or some other problem).
● Qualifying will consist of 3 warm-up laps & 2 on the clock.
● No air filters can be used during qualifying.
● 1 year end point will be awarded to the TQ in each class.
● After qualifying, a coin will be flipped to determine if the heat races will be inverted. (Heads=Straight up, Tails=Invert) Features will ALWAYS be straight up based off the heat race finishes.
*Must use USAC/ Nascar Youth Series Spec. Tires
*ALL RACE TEAMS are required to have (1) ADULT representative at the handlers meeting. Any race team that is not represented at that time, their driver will start at the rear of the field for their heat race.
*The driver and his/her car must be present and race-ready, at the discretion of the tech director and/or safety director, at the time the driver sign’s-in.
*Sign-in’s allowed up to the start of the feature race for that specific class
*Format is subject to change at the direction of the club president, changes will be announced.
RUNNING ORDER: Red rookie, blue rookie, Jr. Honda, Sr Honda, Hvy Honda, Jr Animal, Sr Animal, Unrestricted Animal, Formula Mod, Jr 160, Lt 160, Hvy 160, Lt WF, Hvy WF
Rookies – 10 Laps, Jr.’s – 15 Laps, Sr.’s & Up – 20 Laps
Rookies – 20 Laps, Jr.’s – 30 Laps, Sr.’s & Up – 40 Laps
● No racing day will be canceled prior to its scheduled start time.
● Points will be awarded for completed features. Sign in and 1st place points will be awarded for all other races not completed. o Driver & car must be on-site and signed-in at the time the race is canceled to receive points for any class(es) not completed.
POINTS: Points awarded per the CQMA points chart.
Designate Track Fuel Station:
● Speedway gas station on Old 27, north of I-69. 13155 S Old US-27, De Witt, MI
● All classes will cross the scales after their heat race.
o At the Tech Directors discretion, any car not making weight may be required to cross the scale prior to being allowed on the track for the feature race.
● All cars will cross the scales after each Feature and the top 3 will go to impound, there will be a 0 weight variance.
● All Rookies will have their Restrictor Plate pulled at Tech Directors discretion.
● Tech director will determine which class(es) will be teched after the last feature.
● Tech director may tech any car at any time at his/her discretion.
RACE DAY AWARDS:
● Rookie participant medals.
- Heat, Feature or Fast Time winners will receive Stickers.
- Medals awarded to the top 3.
- Race day fast times
END OF SEASON AWARDS – Must run 9 out of 14 races to qualify:
● Rookie – Participation Award
● Perfect Attendance Award
● Fast Times- Overall for the Racing season
● Track Records
● Top 3 in all other classes to be awarded (best 9 out of 14 finishes count).
● Awards will be presented at the Year End Banquet.
● In the case a rookie moves up in the middle of the season, they will be eligible to receive a rookie participation award or their finishing class, whichever they choose. (as long as they have raced 9 out of 14 races altogether)
ADDITIONAL: CQMA will uphold any discipline that has been imposed by MWT or any MWT club.